The current Scandinavian Express Fuel Surcharge (SEFS) rate is: 12,92% (April 2019)
The constant fluctuations in fuel prices is a dilemma concerning all of today's global economy, with particular emphasis on the logistics industry and its considerable consumption of energy. The question arose of how to account for continuous changes in fuel prices in the calculations of services to keep the attractiveness of our offer as well as the clarity and ease of billing.
The answer to the problem is a fuel surcharge, which is a mechanism allowing an automatic reaction to the changes in the prices of diesel which is independent of the logistics operator.
According to market standards, Scandinavian Express has introduced a fuel surcharge system to the billings, which automatically takes into account fluctuations in fuel prices and bears reference only to the cost of fuel in the whole freight rate - based on the assumptions:
- current value: LOTOS wholesale diesel price for the first day of the month
- reference value: LOTOS wholesale diesel price for 01.01.2016
Fuel prices are based on the LOTOS Group wholesale prices, so that additional margins for retail stations and the regional demand dynamics do not affect the billings.
Any fuel surcharge is determined on a monthly basis and is added as a separate item on the invoice - extracted cost component independent of the logistics operator.
Scandinavian Express Fuel Surcharge (SEFS):
- helps to avoid frequent updates of service price lists and calculations, automatically taking any changes in fuel price into account, depending on the market price level, the surcharge may even fall to the base value
- extracts the cost component which is independent of the logistics operator
- updates the rates on the basis of real economic conditions and changes in energy prices, not speculation
- stabilizes and organizes the conditions of long-term cooperation - regardless of fluctuations in the fuel market
Detailed information in this matter provides Sales Team of Scandinavian Express.